It’s already shaping up to be a sizzling hot summer, and staying well-hydrated during these warmest of months is absolutely essential for your health and well-being. Luckily, you won‘t have to look far for a few simple–yet fabulous summer drink ideas to chill you out during those scorching summer days. These rad recipes are perfect for the season and fun to make. Keep scrolling to see what we mean.
Peppermint Iced Tea-Summer Drink
This receipe recommends starting with black tea (regular or decaf) and adding peppermint extract for that extra kick of refreshing flavor. If you want to go even simpler, take a cue from this writer’s mom: just steep six bags of your favorite peppermint tea in a pitcher of hot water for around 30 minutes. Add your favorite natural sweetener, stir, and chill. Serve up over ice and enjoy!
Lemony Orange Shakeup-Summer Drink
So, lemonade is the official drink of summer but that doesn’t mean you can’t shake it up just a bit. Take for instance, this lemony orange shakeup. It has lemon, orange and sugar and you mix it together in a shaker with ice to give it a smoothie consistency. Garnish with lemon and orange slices or you could throw a sprig of mint in there for a little extra flavor and garnish. This is a really easy drink to make and it’s chocked full of vitamin C so it’s great for warding off those summer colds.
PINEAPPLE LEMONADE-Summer Drink
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- To make the simple syrup, combine sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved; let cool.
- In a large pitcher, whisk together simple syrup, lemon juice, pineapple juice, lime juice and 5 cups water. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Serve over ice.
STRAWBERRY PINEAPPLE MIMOSAS-Summer Drink
Best of all, the simple addition of strawberries adds a little bit of color and some wine-soaked strawberries to snack on for later, along with a fun tropical pineapple twist.
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 (750 mL) bottle sparkling white wine, chilled
- 1/2 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
- Using a pitcher, mix orange and pineapple juice.
- Pour orange-pineapple mixture into champagne flutes until half full. Fill glasses with white wine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with strawberries, if desired.
Iced Green Tea With Ginger and Mint-Summer Drink
- 3 ounces ginger, unpeeled and sliced
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 6 green-tea bags
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
How to Make It
- In a large saucepan over high heat, combine the ginger and 6 cups of water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the mint and tea bags. Cover and let steep for 15 minutes.
Strain the liquid into a large pitcher or other container. Add the honey and lemon juice; stir.
Chill in the refrigerator. Serve in tall glasses over ice cubes and more mint leaves.
Virgin Mojito- Summer Drink
- 1 sprig fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup (equal parts boiling water and sugar, cool before using)
- 1/2 lime, sliced
- Sparkling water
- Mint leaf for garnish
How to Make It
- Muddle the lime and mint leaves (if you prefer to, remove the lime skin first)
- Combine the muddled mixture with simple syrup
- Place ice cubes in a ball glass, add mixture
- Top with sparkling water and stir
- Garnish with a mint leaf and serve