Indian monsoon boasts of a novel experience each year (giddy combination of rain, clogged drains, traffic jams and fritters) but our skin unfortunately reacts each year the same way. Oily/ Combination, Normal skinned girls like me i have combination skin with unintentional smudged up make up. At least this has been the reality for me. After wearing makeup during monsoon my expectation is dewy, soft glowing skin, but the reality is sweaty, sticky and oily skin that no one wants to touch. Well, I think the answer lies in the name of MAC Strobe Cream which I will review.
The meaning of the word Strobe as per the dictionary is an electronic flash. Any product containing the name strobe logically has illuminating properties. It comes in a white tube with a black cap, a basic MAC affair.
MAC CLAIMS: THE ULTIMATE QUICK FIX FOR THE SKIN. SUPER-POWERED WITH POTENT BOTANICALS ; DE-SNOOZES, DE-STRESSES, MOISTENS, FRESHENS AND BOOSTS THE LOOK OF DULL, FLAT OR TIRED-LOOKING SKIN WITH A FULLY LOADED VITAMIN ZAP AND A MEGA DOSE OF GREEN TEA. BRIGHTENS AND CLARIFIES WITH IRIDESCENT PARTICLES AND ANTIOXIDANTS. ENHANCES THE EFFECTS OF LIGHT ON ALL SKIN AND IN ALL LIGHTING CONDITIONS FROM SUNLIGHT TO SPOTLIGHT.
All MAC Strobe Creams Shades Available
MAC Strobe Cream Goldlite
MAC Strobe Cream Peachlite
MAC Strobe Cream Pinklite
MAC Strobe Cream Redlite
MAC Strobe Cream Silverlite
How to Use MAC Strobe Cream – 3 Different Ways!
1. Use it beneath the foundation
• Moisturize your face well. Then take a very little amount of strobe cream and apply it all over the face using your hand or a foundation/ buffing brush.
2. Apply on highlighting areas
• This application method is best for people with oily skin who have unknowingly bought this product.
• After applying the foundation take drop of strobe cream and apply it on the highlighting areas such as the area right above the eye brows, middle of the eyebrows, down the centre of the nose, middle of your upper lip, middle of the chin and right above the cheek bone. Apply it in a patting motion using a finger or small concealing brush.
• For people with oily skin apply it only on the cheek bones and right above the eyebrows.
3. Mix it with the foundation
• In order to make a matte finish foundation or any foundation dewy, add a drop of strobe cream to it. Then apply the foundation on your face using finger or foundation brush.
USE IT AS A BASE FOR YOUR POWDER HIGHLIGHTER
And the last way you can use the MAC Strobe Cream is as a base for a powder highlighter. Sometimes, powder highlighters can make your skin appear a little bit flat. They just add some glitter, but no ‘deepness’ or ‘texture’. That’s why it’s so awesome to layer highlighters: if you first add a creamy highlighter and then put a powder highlighter on top, you create kind of 3D effect on your skin. Yes, that sounds pretty awesome indeed, haha! As you can see, if you use the Strobe Cream as a base, you can still see a bit of that holographic glow on your skin + a very fleekish extra glow from the powder highlighter..
Pros of MAC Strobe Cream:
- Smoothes skin
- Improves clarity
- Provides radiance
- Dermatologist tested
- Ophthalmologist tested
Cons of MAC Strobe Cream:
- Too much product will make you look oily.
- Doesn’t do much for very wrinkly and oily skin.
- Doesn’t show much of a difference if the skin is amazingly good.
- It is a high end product like all MAC products.